Do you want to change your Snapchat user name? If yes, then you just have come to the right place. Currently, Snapchat is one of the most popular social platforms out there. There are millions of users who uses Snapchat in their daily life to chat with friends, share photos and videos with Snapchat special filters and do a lot of other things on this platform. However, many Snapchat users wants to change their username on their account on the platform. So, if you want to do the same, you can follow the guide below. Below, we have answer the question about changing the username on the platform.
We have described if it’s possible to change Snapchat username and if it’s possible, how you can do it on your smartphone or tablet. In bonus, we also have described how you can permanently delete or deactivate your Snapchat account. So, if you want to change the user name of your Snapchat account, then read this guide completely. You’ll get your answer for sure and able to customize your Snapchat account as you want. So, this guide completely if you want to do that easily. There are fake guides available on the Internet that you shouldn’t follow. You can also check out Signal Messenger.
What is Snapchat Username?
Snapchat username is a unique ID that differs from account to account. Each Snapchat account has a unique username that helps other Snapchat users to find the account. Snapchat is a really popular social media platform nowadays. As there are millions of users available on this platform, it’s not possible to search for a Snapchat account with just a name. That’s where the username of Snapchat comes to rescue. If you want to view a Snapchat profile, you can simply search for the username instead of the name of the person who’s using the account.
As there’s unique username available to every account on the platform, it’s easy to find a account by searching for the username. Also, you can share your Snapchat username to other users and they’ll be able to find your account easily. A particular username can be avail by only one Snapchat user. So, no matter how many users use Snapchat, usernames are unique for every user. So, if an existing user wants to change his username, it’s not easy to do that. Below, we have described if you can really change your username or not.
Username vs Display Name on Snapchat
There are some confusions among the Snapchat users if the username and display name are the same on the platform. Let me answer that for you. Snapchat username and display name are completely different. Because, a username on Snapchat defines the unique ID for every profile. It is unique for every user who use Snapchat on their device. There can’t be multiple usernames on Snapchat for different accounts. So, Snapchat usernames are unique for every profile. And you get the option to choose your username when you open a Snapchat account for the first time.
On the other hand, Display name is the name of person who’s using the account. So, display names could be same for multiple users. It is basically the name of the account user. For example, if your name is John Pattrick, and the username is john_5234, then there could be other people on Snapchat with the same name John Pattrick. But, the username which is john_5234 is reserved for you. That means, other users with the same name can’t acquire the username on the account. This is the main difference between Snapchat username and display name.
Can You Change your Snapchat Username?
Here comes the main question. If you can change your Snapchat username or not. Well, if you want to change user name of your Snapchat account, then let me tell you that it’s not possible to change the user name of your existing Snapchat account. Snapchat has specially mentioned this question on their official website. The reason why they don’t allow users to change the username is because of some security reasons. So, unfortunately, it’s not possible to change the username on this platform. But don’t worry. Because, there’s a bypass available if you really want to change the username. And below we have described it.
Unlike the username, you can change the display of Snapchat. Snapchat allows you to change the display name as many times as you want. So, if you want to change the display name, you can do that easily. But, for username of Snapchat, you can’t change it until you delete your Snapchat account and create a new account with different username. So, if you really want to change the username, first, you have to delete the account and create a new account with a different username on the platform. Below, we have described how you can do that.
However, if you want to change the display name instead, then you can do that without any issues. The process of changing Snapchat display name is really easy. Below, we have described how you can do that. So, you can follow the process if you don’t want to delete your username and want to change the display name instead.
How to Change Display Name on Snapchat Easily?
To change the display name of your Snapchat profile, just follow the process below. Below, we have described how you can change the display name easily without any issues on Snapchat. So, just follow the step by step guide below to do that.
Before you change the display name of your Snapchat account, you should remember few things:
- You can change the display name of your Snapchat account anytime you want.
- Changing the display name won’t affect the username of the account. The username will the be the same when you used it to create the account.
- You don’t have to delete your Snapchat account to change the display name.
- You can change the display name on any Android or iOS smartphone you want.
- It’s allowed to change the display name multiple times, just like the profile picture.
Now, follow the below steps to change the display name of your account.
- First, open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Now, click on your profile picture icon.
- It’ll display your profile details. Now, you have to click on the Settings icon from the upper right corner of your device.
- In the Settings option, you’ll find the Name column. Click on it to edit your display name.
- Now, enter your desired display name in the field and save the name. It’ll change your display name successfully without any issues.
As you can see, it’s really easy to change the display name of Snapchat profile. You can follow the above guide to do that.
How to Change your Username on Snapchat?
As described earlier, it’s not possible to change the username of a Snapchat account. However, if you badly want to change the username, you can do one thing. You can delete your existing account first and then create a new account on Snapchat with your desired username. This will help you to change the username of the Snapchat account. Before deleting your Snapchat account, you can get a backup of your data from Snapchat and download on your device to get access to your previous data. Because, deleting your Snapchat account will remove your data permently.
How to Download Snapchat Data?
You can follow the guide below to download data from your existing Snapchat account. Just follow the process below and you’ll be able to do that easily without any issues. The data will be in .zip format you can download from Snapchat on your preferred device. Just follow the steps below and you can download the data easily without any issues.
- First of all, open the Snapchat web version on your smartphone or computer.
- Login with your existing username and password on Snapchat.
- Now, you have to go to the My account section of Snapchat.
- Then go to My data section.
- You’ll get a submit request option at the bottom of the page in the My data section. Click on it.
Now, Snapchat will send an email to the email address associating with that Snapchat account. The email contains a special link from where you can download the data of your Snapchat account. The data contains various information of your Snapchat account including your photos, videos, snaps, friends list, bitmoji, account details etc. So, you can get access to them easily. So, you can just click on the link and download the data in .zip format on your device.
As you can see, it’s really easy to download your Snapchat account data on your device. You can follow the above steps to do that easily. You should download your data before deleting your Snapchat account to change the username. Because, if you delete your Snapchat account permently, you’ll lost all your data available on the Snapchat account.
Below, we have described how you can delete your Snapchat your permently. So, you can follow the guide below to do that easily.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account?
Deleting your Snapchat account is easy. However, before deleting the account, make sure you download all your data from Snapchat. After downloading the data, you can just follow the below steps to detele your Snapchat account.
Now, there are two ways to delete the account. You can either delete your account temporarily, or you can delete your account permenetly. Deleting your account temporary means deactivating your account that you can reactivate within 30 days. If you want to change Snapchat username, you have to delete your account permently and then follow the process below to delete the account.
But before your delete your Snapchat account, you should know some points:
- Deleting your Snapchat account means deleting all your data from the account. So, when you delete the account permanently, you’ll lost your data.
- You can either deactivate the account, or delete the account permanently.
- If you choose to deactivate the account, you have to login with your previous login info within 30 days.
- After deleting the account permanently, you can create a new Snapchat account and change Snapchat username.
- There’s no separate option to deactivate the account. When you delete the account and login within 30 days, the account will automatically be recovered. However, if you don’t login within 30 days from the date of delete submission, your Snapchat account will be deleted permenently.
- When your account is permanently deleted, you won’t be able to use the previous username ever.
- It can take up to 24 hours to process your delete account request.
So, if you want to proceed deleting your account, you can just follow the steps below to delete the account. Below, we have described how you can delete the account without any issues.
- To delete your account, first, login with your username and password on the web version of Snapchat.
- Under the Manage My Account section, you’ll find a ‘Delete My Account’ option. Click on it.
- Now, again you have to provide your login details, your username and password. Profile the username and password and it’ll proceed deleting your Snapchat account.
How to get Preferred Username after Deleting the Account?
To get your preferred username on Snapchat, you can simply create a new account and get the desired username easily. Just download the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device, and create a new account with a different email.
When creating the account, you’ll be asked to set a username. So, you can set your preferred username there. As username can’t be changed, make sure you enter a permanent username so that you don’t need to change it later.
So, guys, I hope you have found this guide helpful. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. If you have any question or queries, you can ask them in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.