Finding a good Do not disturb app for your Android device isn’t an easy task. If you don’t know about a do not disturb app and using the default, do not disturb the feature of your Android device, then you are missing a lot of things. With a good DND app, you can customize the calls and notifications on your Android device. There is a massive difference between a good DND app and the inbuilt DND feature of your Android device. Hello guys, I’m back with another tips and tricks post. In this post, I’ll tell you about the top 5 best do not disturb apps for your Android devices. You’ll get all the details regarding these apps along with the download links. So, read this post till the end if you want to know which are the best do not disturb apps for your Android device.
Why You Need Do Not Disturb Apps (DND)
Well, using a smartphone nowadays has been compulsory for most of the people on earth. We need a smartphone to do a lot of things in our daily life. From sending messages on Whatsapp to boosting engagement on Facebook, a smartphone can help us in many ways.
If you are using a smartphone, which you probably know that there are mainly two operating systems are in the smartphone OS market. Two giant tech companies develop these two operating systems from the world — android by Google and iOS by Apple. Where iOS is only available for Apple’s iPhone and iPad, Android is an open-source operating system. Any smartphone manufacturer company can integrate Android into their smartphones. This is the reason Android is more popular than any other operating system. There are thousands of apps and games are available for Android devices.
You can download thousands of apps and games for your Android device and use them. Most of the Android apps and games come free. And it’s the advantage of getting an Android smartphone for yourself. There are thousands of Android developers worldwide who are developing apps and games daily for your Android device. You can download them and install them on your Android device. Then you can use those apps and simplify your daily work. There are beneficial apps that are available for your Android device.
One of the best things you can do on an Android device is, you can download an external apk package on your Android device and install it. Many apps are not available on the Google Play Store, but you can download them and use them on your Android device manually. We have a dedicated post about Top 7 Apps Useful Apps that are not available on the Google Play Store. You can read the post for more information.
So, Android smartphones are helping us daily. And that’s a fact. But it’s also a tough task to handle all the notifications and calls on an Android smartphone. Sometimes you get unnecessary calls and SMS in crucial moments. Suppose you are in an important meeting. You probably wouldn’t want an unwanted call from your credit card company. Or if you are playing a game like Temple Run 2, you probably wouldn’t want annoying notifications while playing the game.
When there was a time of feature phones and keypad phones, we had a feature called ‘Silent Mode.’ But technology has grown a lot. And nowadays, we get a unique feature called Do Not Disturb on our Android smartphones instead of Silent Mode. What this feature does is, it mutes all the calls and notification when you enable this feature on your Android smartphone. Do Not Disturb or DND is a handy feature for sure, but it has limited options.
Usually, you get the Do Not Disturb by default on every Android smartphone. But, on most of the smartphones, you can’t control this feature or customize it. Suppose if you want to set an automatic DND on your smartphone, you can’t do it with the default DND feature. Or, if you want to receive calls from whitelisted contacts only, the default DND feature of your smartphone can’t do that.
This is the reason Android developers have developed different Do Not Disturb Apps for your smartphone. With a good DND app, you can not only automate your device to go into the silent mode at certain times, but you can also whitelist some important contacts. It’ll let you customize your calls, SMS, and notification times according to your choice. Or, if you don’t want to get notifications while you play a game on your Android device, you can block all the notifications from displaying when you are playing a game on your Android smartphone. It’ll help you to concentrate on your game.
So, you can install these DND apps manually on your Android device and configure it according to your choice. There are many Do Not Disturb Apps are available for Android devices. But, you need the best one for your Android device. I’ve sorted out the top 5 best do not disturb apps for Android devices. You’ll find the list of these apps below. You can go through the features of these apps and choose which app is right for you. All the apps mentioned in the list are entirely free to download and use. You don’t have to spend a single penny to download any of these apps on your Android device.
So, without further talking, let’s see the top 5 best do not disturb apps for Android devices.
Top 5 Best Do Not Disturb Apps for Android
Do Not Disturb is a popular DND app for Android devices. This app has several useful DND features that help you to control DND time on your Android device. It has 50K+ downloads on the Google Play Store and has an average of 4.0* ratings from the users. It is one of the best DND apps that you can get on your Android device for free and use it. You’ll get many features in this app, such as Follow Calendar, Custom Profile, etc.
Here are some top features of this app:
- Turn Off Incoming Calls, SMS, & Notification: This is the primary feature of this app. You can set your custom profile on the app and turn on Do Not Disturb. You’ve to set a specific time while creating a custom profile. It’ll automatically activate at that time, and you don’t have to do anything. Suppose you have a meeting at 11 A.M. You can set the date and choose the start time at 11 A.M. It’ll automatically start at that time and block all the calls and SMS. If you want to receive Calls & SMS from specific peoples, you can whitelist their number on the app.
- Sync With Calendar: This app automatically syncs with the calendar of your device. So, if you have put any reminder on the calendar, you can choose to turn on the DND according to your calendar schedule.
Game Mode is another useful app that can help you while playing games on your Android device. If you are an Android gamer, you probably have faced annoying notifications while playing games on your Android device. The annoying notifications break the concentration while playing games on your Android device. By default, you can’t block notifications while playing games. But, with the Game Mode app, you can disable all the notifications while playing games on your Android device. This app has over 100K+ downloads on the Google Play Store and has an average of 4.1* ratings from the users. This app has a straightforward interface with limited functions. And it’s a completely free app for Android.
Let’s go through some of the features of this app.
- Block All Notifications While Playing Games: You can block all the notifications on your Android device while playing games. It’ll help you to prevent the annoying notifications when you enable this app before playing any game on your Android device. You’ll not receive any notification while playing games on your Android device.
- Easy to Use: This app has a single but useful feature. So, it’s very easy to use the app. In the app, you get only a single option to enable or disable the game mode. There is nothing fancy features or functionality in the app. The interface is really simple, and you can easily enable Game Mode with the help of this app.
Night Keeper is another Do Not Disturb app that helps you to block the calls, SMS, and notifications on your Android device. This app is specially made for those users who receive annoying calls and SMS at night. Although you can use it anytime on your Android device. It has some excellent features that help you to control the Do Not Disturb functionality on your Android device. It has over 500K+ downloads on the Google Play Store and has an average of 3.8* ratings from the users. You can guess the popularity of the Night Keeper app from its total downloads. And the best part is, it is a very lite app. Night Keeper app is only 1.1MB in size. So, you don’t have to worry about the performance of your Android device after installing this app.
Let’s talk about some of the features of this app.
- Emergency Mode: You can enable the emergency mode on the app, and it’ll only accept calls from a number after several attempts. If the contact is not whitelisted, you’ll get calls from the contacts after several attempts to your number.
- SMS Notification: When the Night Keeper app is enabled, it can send SMS notifications to the numbers that try to call you. It’ll inform them that you are busy and can’t receive the call. Isn’t that a cool feature?
Easy DND is underdevelopment Do not Disturb app for Android. Means, the app is not completed yet, and the developers are still adding new features on the app and fixing bugs. Still, it is one of the best DND apps that you can use on your Android device. This app has several Do not Disturb customization option that you can use to enable customize DND on your Android device. One of the best things about this app is, you get a really modern and colorful interface on this app. Which makes it easy to use.
Here are some highlighted features of the Easy DND app.
- Customize Calls. Message, Notifications: Easy DND app allows you to customize calls, alarms, notifications on your Android device. You can choose Do not Disturb function for different features. Like, if you want to block only the SMS or only the Alarms, you can do that with this app.
- Colorful Interface: The colorful modern interface of Easy DND app makes it one of the simple and easy to use app.
Polite is the last but not the least DND app in our do not disturb apps list. It is a free app that makes your Android smartphone silent automatically. You just have to schedule the DND in the polite app, and it’ll make the phone silence at that time. You’ve to create rules in the app to make your phone silence at different times. If you have added an event in the calendar of your Android device, then you include the event in the keyword list of the Polite app, and it’ll make your device silent on that event.
- Schedule DND: You can schedule DND at a specific time and silent your phone automatically.
- No Ads: Although it is a free app, you’ll not find any annoying ads on the Polite app. This app is completely ad-free.
So, guys, I hope you found this post helpful. If you liked this post, you can share it with your friends and family on social media platforms. Just click the share buttons below to share this post. If you have any questions or quarries regarding this post, you can comment down in the comment section below. Or if you want us to add your favorite app to the top 5 best do not disturb apps list, just comment down in the comment section. Visit the homepage of Androclue to get more apps like this.