Why Are Floral Perfumes Popular With Women?
According to Scent Split, floral perfumes for women are popular because they are wildly diverse and classic. Therefore, any woman can find a floral-inspired scent that they can wear.
Some women love the lightness of gardenia and orange blossom, while others prefer the allure of jasmine and rose.
Women Love Floral Perfumes
Floral is the most popular of all perfume families. Women love floral perfumes because they are ultra-feminine. It is easy to recognize a floral perfume at first sniff. A floral fragrance can be garlanded with notes like mimosa, magnolia, gardenia, jasmine, and lily of the valley.
- Floral perfumes are also loved because they conjure up spring blossoms, garden parties, and June weddings.
- The two most loved floral notes are rose and jasmine. They are found at the heart of most fragrance creations. They are the foundation stones of the perfume world.
- For true florals, these two notes are played up and they shimmer beneath the surface of other floral families.
- Floral perfumes can be given the juiciness of fruits or they can be warmed with a touch of spice.
- Some of the best floral perfumes for women include:
- Bloom Eau de Parfum by Gucci
- Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Eau de Toilette
- Private Blend Rose Prick Eau de Parfum
- Voce Viva Eau de Parfum
- Tiffany & Love Eau de Parfum for Her
Floral Oriental Perfumes for Women
Floral scents smell soft, clean, and sweet while oriental scents are exotic, deep, and warm. Combining floral scents with oriental scents creates floral oriental perfumes. Oriental fragrances were first created in India and ancient Arabia.
- These two elements complement each other, and they create a distinct profile of floral oriental perfume.
- The mixture of floral and oriental ingredients creates a deep, pleasant, and sweet scent.
Vanilla, bark, musk, herbs, and different flowers are used to create floral oriental perfumes. The blend of these aromas will evoke feelings of calmness and mystery, with a hit of sexuality. That is why floral oriental scents are popular with women, but some brands are marketed for men.
The complexity of these scents makes them perfect for special occasions as well as day-to-day use.
- Your fragrance collection is not complete unless it has several floral oriental perfumes. You will find them the perfect choice for winter months and evening wear.
The Best Floral Oriental Scents
Donna by Valentino is one of the best floral oriental perfumes. It brings together Bulgarian iris and rose with Italian bergamot. This perfume is light but distinct. That makes it perfect for day and night.
- Other great choices are Jean-Paul Gautier Classique and Paco Rabanne Pure XS.
For those searching for a woody-oriental fragrance, the ultimate choice should be Organza by Givenchy. It was created in 1996. It uses gardenia and bergamot alongside iris, jasmine, and honeysuckle. They sit on a base of cedar, amber, and vanilla. Other great choices are Aura by Thierry and Truth by Calvin.
- Floral oriental perfumes are lighter; therefore, they are perfect for those who want a memorable perfume that isn’t too intense or strong. Woody oriental scents add extra depth, with a warm and earthly base.
Soft Floral Perfumes for Women
Soft floral perfumes have mostly floral notes. They combine delicate flowers and sophisticated aldehydes to create a family of abstract, powdery, and soft florals.
Soft floral perfumes have soft and powdery notes of musk, iris, or vanilla. Aldehydes which are found naturally in rose and citrus oils are added to make the perfume livelier.
What Are Some of The Best Soft Floral Perfumes?
A bold and heady perfume is good for some days. However, in day-to-day life, such a perfume is unrealistic to wear because it will make everyone hate you.
On a typical day, you should choose soft floral perfumes. A softer scent doesn’t have to be boring. A majority of lighter perfumes are interesting. Some of the soft perfumes that you can wear in everyday life without being boring include:
- Atelier Cologne Lemon Island Cologne Absolue
This is a good perfume to wear when you are not doing anything but you want to smell nice. It will not overpower but everyone will know that you smell nice.
- Ellis Brooklyn Super Amber Eau de Parfum
This perfume is airy and light but it feels cozy. When you wear it, people are likely to complement how you smell.
- Skylar Pink Canyon Eau de Parfum
This fragrance is woodsy, floral, and citrusy. It is the kind of fragrance that will leave you feeling fresh all day long.
- Clean Classic Warm Cotton Eau de Parfum
This is a fresh and crisp perfume that will not disappoint. You will smell like freshly washed clothes when you wear it.
The floral scent family is a well-known perfume type that is used by most people. Floral scents are usually used in women’s perfumes and are occasionally used in men’s fragrances. A floral perfume smells like freshly cut flowers. They are perfect for summer and springtime.