When it comes to recovery apps for Android devices, there are many of them are available. However, TeamWin Recovery Project or TWRP is the recovery tool that most of the users prefer. But, there’s another popular and trending custom recovery tool that you can get on your Android device. It is OrangeFox Recovery for Android. Just like TWRP, OrangeFox is a custom recovery tool that you can flash on your Android smartphone or tablet, and do many things with it. If you want to know about the features of this recovery and how you can install it on your device, then read this guide completely.
But unlike TWRP recovery, OrangeFox has limited device support. So, if you want to get this recovery for your Android device, you can check the list below. Below, we have provided the list of the devices on which you can get this recovery. We also have described the features and the installation steps to get this custom recovery on your Android device. So, if you want to install it successfully on your device, you can just follow the below steps to do that. We have described an in-depth guide to get it on your Android device.
What is a Recovery Mode on Android?
Before knowing the custom recovery tool, you should know what is recovery tool is in Android devices. And we are not talking about recovering deleted files from your device. Android system recovery is a system where you can change internal things of your Android device.
From the recovery mode option, you can clear the data of your device, apply updates, or clear cache from your device. Almost every Android device has a recovery mode option and it is mainly used for factory resetting the device. Because you don’t have to turn on your device if you want to make a factory reset with recovery mode.
On most of the devices, you can press the Volume Up+Power Button and start the recovery mode. On some devices, it is Volume Down + Power Button. No matter what the buttons are to start recovery mode, it is really useful for some users as it helps you to factory reset the device.
What is Custom Recovery Tool?
As told earlier, every Android device comes with a stock recovery mode. However, you can change the recovery of your Android device and use a 3rd party recovery on your device. Why? Well, there are many reasons to use a 3rd party custom recovery tool on Android.
If you want to install a custom ROM on your Android device, then you can’t do it without a custom recovery tool. Although some stock recovery tools have ‘update system’ options with .zip files, a custom recovery tool is best for installing a custom ROM on your Android device.
Custom recovery tools have more options and features than stock recovery tools. For example, you can wipe data from your device in an advanced way, you can use a custom recovery tool to do that.
And it helps you to flash apps and tools on your Android device. You can flash .zip files easily on your device with a custom recovery tool. There are many custom recovery tools are available. However, your Android device should be compatible with the custom recovery tool that you are going to install. Else, it can brick your device and you won’t be able to use your Android device.
About OrangeFox Recovery
OrangeFox is one of the best custom recovery tools available out there. This custom recovery is available for various popular Android devices. You can do a lot of things with the help of OrangeFox on your Android device. This includes installing custom ROMs, flashing .zip files, and other things.
It has a backup and restore option, clear data option, install or flash .zip file, file manager option, and a lot of other options that you can use on your Android device. So, if you want to get a custom recovery project on your Android device, you can go with this recovery tool and use it.
OrangeFox is a special feature named recovery lock. What this feature does is, it lock the recovery with a password. So, if someone wants to open recovery and wipe data from your device, they can’t do that. This feature comes in handy when your device is stolen.
OrangeFox Recovery supports a wide range of Android devices. So, you can flash this recovery on your device and use it instead of TWRP recovery. Compared to TWRP recovery, it has almost the same features. However, if you are bored using TWRP recovery on your Android device, then you can flash this recovery project on your device.
And OrangeFox is an open-source recovery project. So, you can get it for free on your device, and use it to flash custom ROMs and other apps on your device. Below, we have described the top features of this recovery tool. So, you can read the features and know what are the things that you can do with it.
OrangeFox Recovery Features
- You can flash custom ROMs with it.
- Wipe/Clear Data of your device.
- Flash .zip files, update files, and apps.
- The backup and restore option will help you to backup your data from your Android device and restore them whenever you want.
- It is synced with the latest version of TWRP changes. So, whenever a new feature on TWRP recovery is launched, you’ll get the feature on this custom recovery.
- The design of this custom recovery tool is really awesome. You’ll get the latest material design 2 design with it. So, you’ll be able to use all the features of this recovery tool without any issues on your device.
- The password protection option of OrangeFox Recovery will help you to lock the recovery with a password. You can lock the recovery and protect your device when it’s stolen or lost.
- It is an open-source recovery system. So, you can download it for free and install the .recovery file on your Android device for free. All you need is a compatible .recovery file for your Android device.
OrangeFox Recovery is a new custom recovery available for multiple Android devices. However, not all Android smartphones support this custom recovery. Below, we have described the devices on which you can get this recovery.
- ZenFone 5 (x00qd)
- Zenfone Max Pro M2 (x01bd)
- Huawei P8 Lite (alice)
- Intex Cloud Q11 (cloud_q11)
- LG G7 ThinQ (judyln)
- Meizu M6 Note (m1721)
- Motorola Nexus 6 (shamu)
- OnePlus 7T (Pro) (hotdog)
- Poco X3 Pro (vayu)
- 6/6i/6s/7 (rmx2001)
- X2 (rmx1992)
- Galaxy A10 (a10)
- Galaxy A20 (a20)
- Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (a3y17lte)
- Galaxy A30 (a30)
- Galaxy A30s (a30s)
- Samsung Galaxy A40 (a40)
- Galaxy A51 (a51nsxx)
- Galaxy A6 2018 (a6lte)
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015) 3G (j53gxx)
- Galaxy J5 (2015) LTE (j5lte)
- Galaxy J5 (2015) LTE China (j5ltechn)
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015) NFC LTE (j5nlte)
- Galaxy J5 (2016) (j5xnlte)
- Galaxy J5 2017 (j5y17lte)
- Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 (j6lte)
- Galaxy J7 2016 (j7xelte)
- Galaxy J7 2017 (j7y17lte)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt (j7velte)
- Galaxy J7 Prime (on7xelte)
- Samsung Galaxy M20 (m20lte)
- Samsung Galaxy M21/M31/F41 (exynos9611)
- Galaxy M30 (m30lte)
- Galaxy Note 9 (Qualcomm) (crownqltechn)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (dreamlte)
- Galaxy S8+ (dream2lte)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 (Qualcomm) (starqltechn)
- Galaxy S9+ (Qualcomm) (star2qltechn)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) (gta3xlwifi)
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite (gauguin)
- Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy)
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (oxygen)
- Mi Mix 2S (polaris)
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (tucana)
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (jason)
- POCO X2 / Redmi K30 (phoenix)
- Xiaomi Poco F1 (berylliu)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4X (santoni)
- Redmi 6 (cereus)
- Xiaomi Redmi 6a (cactus)
- Xiaomi Redmi 8 (olive)
- Redmi 8a (olivelite)
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (raphael)
- Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G (picasso)
- Redmi Note 10 (mojito)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (mido)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender)
- Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S/Pro/Pro Max / POCO M2 Pro (miatoll)
- Redmi S2 (ysl)
Download OrangeFox Recovery for Your Android Device
As you can see, this custom recovery supports most of the Xiaomi and Samsung devices. However, it is important to download the specific recovery file for your device if it’s supported.
If you don’t install the recommended recovery file, then it can lead the device to boot loop and brick device. So, you have to download the specific recovery file available for your Android device.
From the link below, you’ll be able to download the OrangeFox Recovery file available for your device. Just download the recovery file available from the codename and you’ll be able to install it easily without any issues.
Note: If you don’t find your device in the list of the files, just go to the official website of OrangeFox Recovery, and download the latest version of the recovery file from there.
Prerequisites to Install OrangeFox Recovery on Android
Before you go ahead and install this recovery on your Android device, there are some prerequisites that you need to follow. Below, we have described them.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your device. Because if something bad happens, you’ll lose your data. So, it’s really important to take a backup before you install this custom recovery on your device.
- OEM Unlocking is important to flash a recovery file. So, you should have an OEM unlocked device. To unlock the OEM, you need to go to Settings>Developer Options>OEM Unlock and enable OEM Unlock. If you don’t find developer options on your Android device, just tap on the Build number from the About Phone option for few times and it’ll appear in the settings option of your device. For Xiaomi devices, you need to apply for OEM unlocking to unlock your device.
- You need to unblock the bootloader of your Android device. There are different methods available for different devices.
- Make sure there’s 60%+ charge available on your device.
- To flash Orangefox.recovery file using a PC, you need Windows OS installed on your PC.
- Make sure all the ADB and Fastboot drivers and files are installed on your device.
- A compatible USB cable is preferred to connect your device to PC
How to Install OrangeFox Recovery Using Fastboot & ADB?
- First of all, download the OrangeFox Recovery file for your device.
- Extract the archive on your PC.
- You’ll get a recovery.img file from the extracted file. Copy the recovery.img file to C://>adb folder where ADB files are installed.
- Now, press Shift+Right Click on the ABD folder and click on the ‘Open Powershell Window Here’ option.
- Now, connect your device to the PC with the USB cable.
- Enter adb reboot bootloader to reboot your device to fastboot mode. You can also press the Power+Volume Down option and directly boot your device to fastboot mode.
- To check if your device is connected to fastboot mode, enter fastboot devices and hit enter.
- It’ll show your device. Now, you can proceed to install the custom recovery file.
- Enter fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter.
- That’s it. It’ll install the OrangeFox recovery on your device.
- To boot into the custom recovery, enter fastboot reboot recovery and hit enter.
How to Install OrangeFox Recovery Using TWRP Recovery?
If you already have installed TWRP recovery on your Android device, and want to install OrangeFox Recovery using TWRP recovery, then you can do that easily. Just follow the below process to do that.
- Download the compatible OrangeFox Recovery file on your Android device and place it in the external storage of your Android device.
- Boot your device to TWRP recovery mode.
- Now, click on ‘Flash’ and select the OrangeFox file.
- That’s it. Now, just confirm and it’ll flash the recovery.
So, guys, I hope you have found this guide helpful. If you liked this guide, you can share it on your social media platforms. Just use the share buttons below to share this guide. OrangeFox Recovery is one of the best custom recoveries that you can get for your Android device. So, if you don’t like using TWRP recovery on your device, you can get this recovery and use it. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask them in the comment section below. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section below.