It’s no doubt that Google Chrome is probably the most popular web browsers available out there. This web browser is popular for both Android and PC. As Android is an operating system from Google, the default browser of every Android device is Google Chrome. Although there are many Android browser apps are available, most of the users like to use Google Chrome because of its features. But, one feature that you get on the PC version of Chrome, and not on the mobile version is extension support. Because of this, adblocker extensions are not available for Chrome mobile. But, there are ways to block ads on Chrome Android. Wondering how? Well, then you should read this post thoroughly.
One of the most searched queries of Android users is if they can block ads on Chrome Android or not. As the Android version of Google Chrome doesn’t support extensions, you can’t block ads on using adblocker extension on this browser. Because of this, many users root their Android devices for a simple adblocking on this browser. But, let me tell you the easy ways to block ads on this most popular web browser for Android. You don’t have to root your device. You can block the ads without rooting your device.
Block Ads on Chrome Android in 2020
Blocking ads on Android devices isn’t a new thing. For many years, there have been different ways to block ads on Android devices. However, none of them has proven stable. Because, either the methods of blocking ads on Android is by rooting your Android device, or using the 3rd party app that can cause harm to your device. So, when Android users want to block ads on their device, they really can’t decide which will be the best method to block the ads.
Nowadays, the most popular way to block ads on Android is with Adblocking Browsers and adblocking apps for Android. Especially with Adblocking browsers, that can block ads from any webpage on your device. Adblocking apps are good as well. But, they are not really stable. When it comes to adblocking browsers, you get a lot of options to choose from. There are many browsers like Puffin Browser are available with a built-in ad blocker. You’ll get a built-in adblocker in these browsers that’ll help you to block ads from any webpage when you visit a website.
But, again, many users don’t want to use a 3rd party web browser on their Android device. Simply because of the privacy issues. Although most of these browsers are completely safe to use as of now, we can’t tell about the future. Because of this, many Android users try to root their Android device and experiment with different things to block ads on their default browser. But, this can lead you to a serious security breach on your device or you can brick your Android device if you mess with the system settings.
We all know that Google Chrome is the most popular and most used web browser for Android devices. So, the users try different methods to block ads on this browser. But, they end up downloading other 3rd party apps and messing with the system settings for the device. Now, if you are using the PC version of Google Chrome, you can simply use an adblocker extension to block the ads. But, for the Android version of Chrome, this feature is not available. Because Chrome Android doesn’t support extensions. But, if you want to use Chrome extensions on your Android device, you can use a browser like Kiwi Browser that supports PC Chrome extensions on Android.
For Chrome Android, you can’t really directly block the ads. But, that doesn’t mean that you have to download a 3rd party adblocker app or have to mess with your system settings. There are other easy and secure methods are available as well. Wondering how? Then let me tell you the method that you can use to block ads on the Android version of Google Chrome.
Block Ads on Chrome Android Easily
So, the main thing that we’ll use to block ads on this browser is to use a private DNS server. If you don’t’ know about the DNS server, then let me tell you what it is. If I start describing DNS briefly, the article will be long. So, just let me describe it in short and simple words. DNS means Domain Name System. You can do a lot of things with DNS and that comes under networking. For now, the only thing that we should know is DNS servers work as the medium between our devices and a web server. So, using a Private DNS server, we can change different things from displaying on our browsers. Usually, most of the Android devices have the option to use a private DNS server. And we can use the Adguagrd Private DNS server to block all the Ads on our device.
About Adguard DNS
Adguard DNS is a private and free DNS server. You can use this DNS server on your Android device to block all the ads on your device. This DNS will stop different websites from displaying ads. It’ll simply close the ad server connection on your device. Hence, you’ll not see any ads on your device.
As you only have to add this DNS to your device, it doesn’t need any root permission, or you don’t have to install a 3rd party app. There are many benefits that you’ll get with the Adguard DNS server. We have described some of them below.
Features of Adguard DNS
- Block All Ads on your Device: If you put this DNS server on your device, it’ll not only just block ads on Chrome Android, but will also block the ads on other browsers as well. So, on your device, you’ll get a completely ad-free experience. Even on some Android apps, it’ll block the Ads. So, you’ll get an all in one adblocker solution on your Android device with the DNS server.
- No 3rd Party Software: Usually, Android OS has an option to set private DNS. So, you don’t have to use any 3rd party app on your device to block the ads. You just need to find where the private DNS option is. Then you can just put the DNS and block all the ads on your device. Sometimes, unknown 3rd party apps can cause harm to your privacy. So, you probably won’t want to risk your privacy just to block ads on your Android device. For blocking ads, using private DNS is the best option as you don’t need to install any 3rd party software.
- No Root: You don’t need to root your Android device if you use Adguard DNS on your device. It doesn’t need any root permission on your Android device. There are some adblocker apps, that require root permission on your Android device to work on. But, if you use Adguard DNS, you don’t need to install a 3rd party app, hence, it doesn’t require any root permission. So, you don’t have to risk the security of your Android device to block ads on Google Chrome Android. You can root it without rooting your device.
- Safe: As it doesn’t require any 3rd party apps, this method is completely safe. So, you don’t need to worry about setting a Private DNS. Because Adguard DNS is completely safe to use. It just blocks ad servers on your Android device. Nothing more than that. So, your device will be safe if you use the DNS method to block ads on your device. Also, as it doesn’t require root permission, you don’t have to compromise the security of your device. Overall, the DNS method to block ads on your Android device is completely safe and secure. You don’t need to worry about that.
- Fast Speed: Usually, when you use a 3rd party adblocker app on your Android device, it may reduce your Internet speed. Fast with setting a private DNS like Adguard, you don’t have to compromise with the Internet speed of your Android device. Because it’ll work normally on your device. Unlike VPN for Android, setting a private DNS server will not reduce your internet speed on your Android device. You’ll get the usual speed that you get normally on your device. It’ll not reduce your Internet speed when you use the Adguard DNS server on your device to block the ads.
- Free: It’s completely free to use the DNS server on your Android device. You don’t have to buy any subscriptions for setting this VPN and blocking ads. You can do it for free on your device. So, unlike other adblocking apps, it’s completely free to use Adguard DNS on your Android device. You don’t have to spend a single penny to block ads with this DNS server. Also, there’s no limit on Adblocking when you use this DNS on your device. You can use it as many times as you want for free without any speed or time limitation.
- Easy to Use: It’s very easy to configure the Adguard DNS on your Android device. You just need to find the option to add private DNS, and then add it. There’s no need to use other options to configure the Private DNS on your device. You can follow the steps below to activate Adguard DNS successfully on your Android device.
How to Block Ads on Chrome Android with Adguard DNS Server?
Adguard already has it’s dedicated app for Android devices. You can install the app on your Android device and block the ads. But, we are not going to use that method. Because again, you have to use a 3rd party app on your device to block the ads.
Without install the Adguard app, you can simply set the private DNS to Adguard to Block Ads on Google Chrome Android and all other browsers. Just follow the steps below to set the DNS server and start blocking ads on your Android device.
- First of all, open the Settings option on your Android device.
- Now, if you have the option to search in Settings, search for ‘Private DNS’. If you don’t have a search option, go to ‘Other Network Settings’ on your device and you’ll get the option.
- By default, the Private DNS will be off. Click on ‘Designated Private DNS’ and set this DNS server ‘dns.adguard.com’.
- Save the DNS server.
- Now, visit any website on Google Chrome, and see if it’s blocking any ads or not.
- If it’s not blocking ads, open google chrome, and type chrome://net-internals, then choose DNS from there. Then Click on ‘Clear host cache’.
That’s it. Now, you’ll be able to block all ads on your Google Chrome Android browser.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Will it block other Ads on Android?
Yes, setting the DNS server will block all the ads on your Android device. You’ll not only be able to block chrome ads but also can block from other browsers as well. So, it’s the best option to block ads using Adguard DNS on your Android device.
Is Adguard DNS Free?
Adguard DNS is completely free to download and use. You can use it on your device without spending a single penny. So, don’t worry about any subscription.
Can I Unblock Websites with this DNS?
No, this DNS is mainly used for blocking ads on Android. So, you won’t be able to unblock blocked websites using this DNS server on your Android device.
So, guys, I hope you liked this post. If you liked, you can share it with your friends and family and tell them how they can block ads their Chrome Android browsers. It takes only two minutes to block the ads. So, just use the above methods and block all the ads on your Android device. You can use the share buttons below to share this post on your social media platforms. Also, if you face any problem changing the DNS servers, then you can comment down in the comment section below. And we’ll try to solve your problem. You can also provide your feedback in the comment section.